Coming from a family of antique jewellers, Kiki first started her business in 1985, inspired by the colourful gemstones she was surrounded by as a child. Nearly 35 years later, Kiki McDonough has become one of the most desirable British fine jewellery brands. Based in the heart of Chelsea, London Kiki’s flagship store is a haven of iconic colourful jewellery. Inspired by her customers, her own lifestyle and the ballet, Kiki’s passion for colour, elegance and workmanship is evident in every piece of Kiki McDonough jewellery.
Kiki McDonough is a well-established brand that has managed to maintain it's authentic, close-knit family environment. We employ like-minded, motivated individuals that are passionate about fine jewellery, with a willingness to learn and collaborate with one another.
The founder Kiki is still involved in all aspects of the company, from the creative to the business side, and actively encourages all staff to contribute their own ideas towards new collections and projects.
The successful candidate will play an important part in the sales team, driving both customer service and sales to achieve targets as well as making sure the flagship store is tidy and well presented and visual merchandising is maintained to a high standard.
Core responsibilities but not limited to are:
• Being the first point of contact for new and existing client enquiries.
• Developing product knowledge to ensure delivery of first-class customer service when assisting clients in store, online and via telephone.
• Fulfilling and processing customer orders both in store and online from enquiry through to shipping/collection and ensuring payment is taken efficiently and without error.
• Maintaining customer database, making sure all client details are up to date and correct.
• Weekly Sales reports and Stock takes.
• Representing the brand accordingly and maintaining high standards across the board.
• Keeping on top of shop floor stock replenishment.
• Ensuring any displays and visual merchandising are regularly updated and to a high standard.
• Assisting with Assay office workshop collections and drop off.
• Reports to Retail Manager.
• Be the main person responsible for immaculate displays, clean showcases and windows.
• Check tickets are on the right items.
• Responsible for rolling Stock checks of collections on a weekly basis.
• Assisting Marketing Department with products sent to photography, reviewing magazines, etc.
• Keeping Royal Mail + Fedex supplies topped up.
• Packaging management – maintaining adequate levels to service the business.
• Experience in luxury retail is not essential but would be beneficial
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiasm for working in a small team for a highly regarded luxury retail brand
• Attention to detail
• Ability to comfortably work with stock systems and Excel
• Proactive and able to work off own initiative
• Well presented and a good communicator
• Willing to learn with a ‘can do’ attitude
Kiki McDonough wish to identify and attract a Marketing Director to work with the founder and team to lead the global brand strategy and to develop and execute the marketing programmes with a view to building sustainable brand equity.
• 1 Marketing Manager
• 1 Social Media Manager
• 1 Digital Marketing Assistant
• CEO and Chief Creative
• Retail Operations and Store Merchandising team
• External agencies; Marketing Digital/Social Communications & Events
• PR Department
• Lead the Kiki McDonough marketing team in the development of continued sustainable & profitable brand equity growth
• Apply strategic and integrated communication planning by leading the development of marketing communications and consumer activation campaigns
• Employ the use of cutting-edge consumer data collection and analysis alongside the deployment of multi-channel communication, incorporating digital and direct-to-consumer channels
• Work in partnership with all key functions to maximise the effectiveness of the marketing strategy on both sales performance and long-term brand equity growth
• Deploy judgement and experience to appoint the right external agencies to generate the required ROI
Ideal Candidate Profile
Would suit a Marketing Manager with 7+years experience at senior level with experience leading a team, ideally within a luxury brand.
Skills & Experience
Marketing Director candidates will:
• Bring a cutting edge consumer marketing skill set gained in a classical marketing academy ideally with exposure to luxury brands and including strong strategic and integrated communication planning experience
• Have a track record of establishing and executing visionary consumer brand strategies ideally in the UK and internationally, resulting in sustainable long term sales and brand equity growth
• Have experience leveraging the strength of established global brands in local markets and providing local market insights at global level.
• Have experience analysing consumer insights, using among others cutting edge data-driven techniques to identify consumer behaviour and trends
• Bring a “Digital Mindset” and experience, given the fast evolving market context and consumer behaviour: Digital consumer engagement will be a key element of the task
• Exposure to both retail and B2B marketing approaches in the mix of channels
• Bring a track record of consumer marketing team leadership and development
• Bring a track record of innovation and a continuous drive towards new thinking and fresh ideas, maximising the impact of resources at their disposal
Key Personal Attributes
• Alignment and fit with the values and culture of Kiki McDonough: Sharing, Elegance, Charm, Integrity
• As far as the personal style fit is concerned we are looking for developed emotional intelligence, agility and adaptability, ambiguity-tolerance, and proven relationship-building skills in a local and global context
•The ability to listen carefully as well as to communicate well is critical to success in the role, whether within the business or working with global stakeholders
•A “glass-half-full” mentality, with drive, energy, conviction and enthusiasm.
•A warm relationship-building approach with an entrepreneurial spirit, that enhances the morale of the Marketing team and contributes to the same in the wider team. An inclusive and decisive leader.
• Competitive and dependent upon experience.
Full Stack Web Developer
Our e-commerce activity is growing monthly and we are looking to streamline our website to ensure that it is easy to use as well as profitable.
We would like a web developer to take full ownership of the website and help in developing our website. You will be a strong communicator, skilled in coming up with clear solutions to improve the functionality and aesthetic of our e-commerce website.
• Come up with UI and UX strategies based on our target goals.
• Maintain and improve the mobile design
• Ensure high performance on desktop and especially mobile
• Build and create design frameworks for new website pages
• Liaise with the marketing team in the planning of new designs and the releases of new collections on the website
• Regularly fix website issues and communicate website updates regularly with the team.
• Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary.
• Good eye for the design of e-commerce websites and the layout of webpages
Fundamental understanding of UX Design, Android and iOS platform development
• A good understanding of optimising websites for speed
• Significant web analytics’ experience preferably with Google Analytics
• Technical knowledge of on-page SEO and SEO friendly web sites
• Working experience in E-Commerce trading
• Familiarity with UX/UI framework development
• Working knowledge of databases, full e-commerce integration and APIs
Experience working with ERP systems
Why work with us?
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a growing e-commerce business and solely develop an e-commerce website. We offer flexible working hours and a lovely team environment.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Send us your CV at [email protected]